General Information on Taking Tasigna
Some considerations to keep in mind during treatment with Tasigna
include the following:
- This medication comes in the form of a capsule. It is usually taken by mouth twice a day, about 12 hours apart.
- Tasigna should be taken on an empty stomach; do not eat for at least two hours before a dose or for one hour afterwards. Taking Tasigna with food may cause you to absorb too much medicine, which could increase your risk for serious side effects.
- One possible way to accomplish this dosing regimen is to take one dosage an hour before breakfast and the second dosage an hour before dinner.
- Tasigna must be swallowed whole with a large glass of water. Do not crush, chew, or cut the capsules.
- Do not drink grapefruit juice or eat grapefruit while taking this medication.
- If you are unable to swallow the capsules, you may open them and mix the contents with one teaspoon of applesauce. Eat the applesauce within 15 minutes.
- Try to take your doses at the same time each day to keep an even level of the drug in your bloodstream.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed.
- If you are unsure about anything related to your dosage or Tasigna dosing in general, please talk to your healthcare provider or pharmacist.