Rituxan Overdose

Low white blood cells, vomiting, and even loss of life could occur if a person receives too much Rituxan (rituximab). However, there were no reported cases of overdoses in clinical studies. Because not much information is available about the effects of an overdose with Rituxan, treatment would likely focus on relieving any resulting symptoms.

Can You Take Too Much Rituxan?

Rituxan® (rituximab) is a prescription medication that is given intravenously (by IV). As with most medications, it is probably possible to take too much. The specific effects of a Rituxan overdose are largely unknown, but would likely vary, depending on a number of factors, including the Rituxan dosage and whether it was taken with any other medications or substances.
 

Effects of an Overdose With Rituxan

There were no reported cases of overdoses with Rituxan during clinical studies. This makes sense, because the drug is given intravenously by healthcare providers. However, a miscalculation could potentially result in an overdose.
 
Although it is unknown what exactly to expect, it is reasonable to predict that an overdose (especially if it were given too quickly) might increase the risk of an infusion reaction. These reactions can range from mild to fatal and may include the following symptoms:
 
It also makes sense that a Rituxan overdose might increase the risk of infections, as it could possibly cause dangerously low levels of white blood cells.
 
Top Foods to Fight Inflammation

Rituxan Medication Information

Referring Pages:
Terms of Use
Advertise with Us
Contact Us
About eMedTV
Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2006-2017 Clinaero, Inc.
eMedTV serves only as an informational resource. This site does not dispense medical advice or advice of any kind. Site users seeking medical advice about their specific situation should consult with their own physician. Click Terms of Use for more information.