Some considerations to keep in mind during treatment with Nipent include the following:
- This medication comes as a powder that is mixed with liquid and given as an injection into a vein (an intravenous, or IV, injection). It is usually given once every other week.
- Nipent injections are normally given by a healthcare provider in a healthcare setting, such as a hospital or clinic.
- The injection may be given quickly, over about 5 minutes, or more slowly over 20 to 30 minutes. Your healthcare provider will decide how you will receive the medication.
- You will receive hydration with IV liquids before and after your dose. This is to reduce the chance that you will develop kidney problems from Nipent.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be used as prescribed. It is important to keep your appointments to receive your doses.
- If you are unsure about anything related to your dosage of Nipent, please talk with your healthcare provider or pharmacist.