Leukemia Home > Sprycel
When and How to Take ItSome general considerations to keep in mind during treatment with Sprycel include the following:
- Sprycel comes in the form of a tablet that is taken by mouth once a day.
- You can take this medication with or without food.
- Sprycel tablets should be swallowed whole; do not crush, cut, or split them.
- Avoid drinking grapefruit juice while taking this medicine.
- Try to take your doses at the same time each day to keep an even level of the drug in your bloodstream.
- For the medicine to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. Do not stop taking it or adjust your dosage without first talking to your healthcare provider.
Dosing InformationThe dose of Sprycel your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on a number of factors, including:
- The reason you are taking the medication
- How you respond to it
- Other medications you are taking.