Leukemia Home > Purinethol Dosage
- This medication comes in the form of a tablet. It is usually taken by mouth once a day.
- Purinethol should be taken on an empty stomach. Food may reduce the amount of the drug absorbed from your digestive tract into your bloodstream.
- Purinethol may be more effective if taken in the evening.
- Make sure to drink plenty of fluids during treatment to help stay hydrated.
- Try to take your dose at about the same time each day to keep an even level of the drug in your bloodstream.
- Purinethol tablets can be made into a suspension (a liquid). Talk to your healthcare provider about this option if you or your child has difficulty swallowing the tablets.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. Do not stop taking it even if you feel better.
- If you are unsure about anything related to your dosage of Purinethol, please talk with your healthcare provider or pharmacist.