Leukemia Home > Elitek Side Effects
Some side effects of Elitek are potentially serious and should be reported immediately to your healthcare provider. These include but are not limited to:
- Pain, redness, swelling, or irritation at the injection site
- Yellowing of the skin or whites of the eyes (jaundice)
- Pain in the upper abdomen (stomach)
- Swelling or sores on the inside of the mouth or throat
- Swelling of the arms, hands, legs, ankles, or feet
- Coughing up blood
- Difficulty breathing
- Shortness of breath
- Chest pain or tightness
- A rapid or irregular heartbeat
- Lightheadedness, dizziness, or fainting
- Fever and chills
- Cold, clammy skin
- Pale, grey, or bluish color to the skin
- Signs of an allergic reaction, such as:
- An unexplained rash
- Unexplained swelling, especially of the mouth, lips, or throat
- Difficulty breathing or swallowing.
You may experience some or none of the Elitek side effects listed in this article. Unfortunately, there is no way for your healthcare provider to know beforehand if you will have problems with a medicine that you have never tried.
Therefore, make sure to let your healthcare provider know if you develop any side effects while using Elitek or if something "just does not seem right." While it may not be related to the medication, your healthcare provider will be able to diagnose and treat the problem.