Leukemia Home > Elitek Dosage
Your specific Elitek dosage will mainly depend on your weight. This prescription drug comes as a powder that is dissolved in liquid and given as a slow injection into a vein once a day for up to five days. It is administered by a healthcare provider in a healthcare setting.
- This medication comes in the form of a powder that is dissolved in liquid and given as a slow injection into a vein (an intravenous, or IV, infusion). It is usually given once a day for up to five days.
- Each Elitek dose is given over a 30-minute period.
- You will normally receive this medicine in a healthcare setting, such as a hospital, where you can be closely monitored.
- Your healthcare provider will give you IV fluids in addition to Elitek to make sure you stay adequately hydrated.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be used as prescribed.
- If you are unsure about anything related to your dosage or Elitek dosing in general, please talk with your healthcare provider or pharmacist.