Leukemia Home > Cytoxan Dosage
Some considerations for people taking Cytoxan include:
- Cytoxan comes in two forms: a tablet that is taken by mouth and an injection given through an IV. Some people take Cytoxan every day, while others take it intermittently.
- Try to take Cytoxan tablets on an empty stomach if possible. If the medicine upsets your stomach too much, try taking it with food.
- Generally, it is usually best to take Cytoxan tablets in the morning or afternoon. Taking them at night may increase your risk of bladder damage. Your healthcare provider may also recommend drinking large amounts of water to flush out and protect your bladder from damage.
- For the injectable form, most people receive their Cytoxan injection at their healthcare provider's office, a hospital, or an "infusion center."
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. Cytoxan will not work as well if you stop taking it before your healthcare provider recommends.
- If you are unsure about anything related to your dosage or Cytoxan dosing in general, talk with your healthcare provider, nurse, or pharmacist.