If you take too much Cytoxan, overdose symptoms may include heart problems, bone marrow depression, and infections. There are various treatment options available for a Cytoxan overdose, including taking medications, getting your "stomach pumped," and receiving supportive care.
Interested in a Discount on Cytoxan?
Enter your email address to see if eMedTV's free DiscountRx service has a program that could help you save on your prescription(s).
Enter Your Email Address
Thank you!Thank you for your interest in DiscountRx from eMedTV. An email has been sent to the address you provided. Please follow the link within that email to see what offers may be available.
Cytoxan® (cyclophosphamide) is a medication that is used to treat various types of cancer, as well as "minimal change" nephrotic syndrome (a kidney disorder) in children. As with all medicines, it is possible for a person to overdose on Cytoxan. The specific Cytoxan overdose effects will vary depending on a number of factors, including how much Cytoxan was taken and whether it was taken with any other medicines, drugs, and/or alcohol.
If a person overdoses on Cytoxan, the symptoms can vary. Some commonly reported symptoms of a Cytoxan overdose include:
- Bone marrow depression (a decreased ability of the bone marrow to make blood cells)
- Heart problems
- Any of the usual Cytoxan side effects.
The treatment for a Cytoxan overdose will vary. If the overdose was recent (and was taken by mouth), a healthcare provider may give certain medicines or place a tube into the stomach to "pump the stomach." Once Cytoxan has been absorbed into the body, dialysis may be useful for removing it from the blood. Treatment also involves supportive care, which consists of treating the symptoms that occur as a result of the overdose. For example, supportive treatment options may include:
- Fluids through an intravenous line (IV)
- Antibiotics to treat infections
- Other treatments based on complications that occur.
It is important that you seek medical attention immediately if you believe that you may have overdosed on Cytoxan.