Although most people do not experience serious reactions to Campath® (alemtuzumab), some sort of side effect can be expected. Fortunately, such problems are usually mild and easily treated.
In clinical studies, some of the most commonly reported reactions to this drug included:
- Low white blood cell counts -- in up to 97 percent of people
- Low red blood cell counts (anemia) -- up to 76 percent
- Infections -- up to 74 percent
- Low platelet counts -- up to 71 percent
- Fever -- up to 69 percent.
(Click Campath Side Effects to learn more about possible adverse reactions to this drug, including potentially serious ones that may require medical attention.)