Some considerations to keep in mind during treatment with Bosulif include the following:
- This medication comes in the form of a tablet. It is usually taken by mouth once a day.
- Bosulif should be taken with food.
- Do not crush, cut, or chew Bosulif tablets; they must be swallowed whole.
- You should avoid consuming grapefruit or grapefruit juice while taking this medication. This is because grapefruit products may cause too much of the medicine to be absorbed from your stomach into your body.
- Try to take your dose at the same time each day to keep an even level of the drug in your bloodstream.
- Avoid touching or handling Bosulif tablets that are broken or crushed. Only handle whole tablets.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. Do not stop taking Bosulif just because you feel better.
- If you are unsure about anything related to your dosage, please talk with your healthcare provider or pharmacist.